With each year passing by, technology is only getting updated more and more. This constant technological advancement leads to the launch of new products and devices every year. We, as tech enthusiasts, can never fight the urge to buy these new devices and see for ourselves what the new features feel like. Since the year 2022 is ending, we have brought to you this article where we discuss the best unlocked android phones launched this year.
What is an unlocked phone?
Does the word unlocked confuse you? You must have heard of phones; who hasn’t but unlocked phones?
Don’t worry, we’ll tell you. Unlocked phones mean mobile phones with no ties with any carriers. Unlocked phones don’t come with numerous pre-installed carrier applications that consume a lot of space in the device, making it even more worth buying. Well, what are these phones? How can you tell if a phone is unlocked or not? Let’s answer these questions in this article. Moreover, you’d also love to know some of the best-unlocked android phones in 2022, so let’s proceed further without much ado.
Best Unlocked Android Phones
Here we have a list of handpicked unlocked android phones that you should definitely consider buying if you are looking for the perfect unlocked android phone in the market.
Ulefone Armor X3
- When it comes to buying unlocked phones, what could be more impressive than buying the latest release by Ulefone? The Ulefone Armor X3 is a very stylish and cool-looking mobile phone that is waterproof and unlocked. With this masterpiece, you can literally take pictures underwater. Yes, you read that right. You can take this phone to the pool, dip it underwater and click photos as if there’s no water. That’s how unique the waterproof technology is. The display is just fabulous, and the screen size will drive you crazy. Some specifications of this phone are:
- Ulefone Armor X3 is powered by the MT6580 Quad-core 1.3GHz processor. The smartphone comes with a 5.5 inches HD+ and 720×1440 pixels resolution.
- The rear camera consists of 8 MP + 2 MP lenses.
- The front camera has a 5 MP sensor. The phone’s sensors include G-sensor, P-sensor, L-sensor, and E-compass.
- The smartphone is fueled by a 5000mAh Li-Polymer Battery.
- The phone runs on Android 9 Pie.
- The Ulefone Armor X3 comes in different colors like Black, Silver, and Red. It features Micro USB.
Ulefone Armor 11T
- Another Ulefone unlocked android phone you can buy the Ulefone Armor 11T. If the previous Ulefone smartphone had many designs for you, this one would suit you the best! The Ulefone Armor 11T is a smartphone that supports almost all 4g calling carriers. However, it is still suggested that you check the compatibility of your SIM card with the phone and then proceed to buy it. The specifications of this phone are:
- The smartphone is integrated with Integrated FLIR Thermal Imaging FLIR Lepton with MSX technology. The device comes with a measurable temperature range of 10℃ – 400℃.
- It is rated IP68 (maximum depth of 1.5 meters up to 30 minutes) under IEC standard 60529Rated IP69K under IEC standard 60529MIL-STD-810G Certification.
- The device is powered by MediaTek Dimensity 800 5G Octa-core processor while GPU is Arm Mali-G57 MC4. The sensors of the smartphone include an Acceleration Sensor, G-sensor, P-sensor, L-sensor, E-compass, gyroscope, Fingerprint sensor, NFC, and Baroceptor.
- Ulefone Armor 11T 5G supports Two(2), Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM along with USB 2.0, Type-C. It runs on the Android 11 operating system and features NFC. The smartphone is fueled with a built-in lithium-ion polymer 5200mAh battery.
- The unlock options of the device feature Fingerprint Unlock with a Capacitive Touch Sensor, which provides a response speed of up to 0.1s. It also supports the enrollment of 5 sets of fingerprints.
Google Pixel 7 Pro
- We just can’t get enough of the amazing products that google serves to its customers. If you thought there was nothing mightier than the Google Pixel 6a or maybe Google Pixel 7, you are wrong. Here comes Google Pixel 7 pro, which is even better than the other two phones we talked about previously. With Google Pixel 7 Pro, the possibilities are endless; yes, of course, it is an unlocked phone. The specifications of this phone are as follows:
- Display: 6.7-inch OLED (3120 x 1440; 10-120Hz)
- CPU: Tensor G2
- RAM: 12GB
- Storage / Expandable: 128GB, 256GB, 512GB / No
- Rear cameras: 50MP (f/1.85) main, 12MP (f/2.2) ultrawide, 48MP (f/3.5) with 5x optical zoom
- Front camera: 10.8MP (f/2.2)
- Weight: 7.3 ounces
- Battery life (Hrs: Mins): 6:31
Ulefone Note 9P
- Let’s finally talk about the next Ulefone smartphone, which is equally great and worth buying, and of course, we’ll tell you why. The fourth on our list is the Ulefone Note 9P. Ulefone is currently one of the leading phone brands regarding unlocked phones and features like waterproof technology, thermal image-capturing camera, and many more such extraordinary features. The battery life of this phone is absolutely insane. Here are the specifications for you to read about the Ulefone Note 9P:
- While the smartphone runs on the Android ten operating system, it is powered by a Mediatek MT6762 Helio P22 Octa-core processor. The dimension of the device is 166 x 76.7 x 9.2 mm, weighing 188 grams.
- The Ulefone Note 9P is packed with powerful 4 GB RAM and 64 GB internal storage. The rear camera has 16 MP + 5 MP (macro) + 2 MP (depth), along with an LED flash and an 8 MP single camera on the front side.
- The smartphone’s display is an IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, and the size is 6.52 inches, providing a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels. The smartphone’s sensor includes Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, and compass.
- The smartphone is fueled with a non-removable Li-Po 4500 mAh battery + Charging 10W + Reverse charging. It comes in Aurora Blue, Midnight Green, and Black colors.
- The smartphone consists of Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, and hotspot, while it supports Bluetooth 5.0 along with Stereo FM radio, RDS, and recording.
How to tell if a phone is unlocked or not?
Let’s quickly discuss how you can check and make sure that a mobile phone is unlocked or not. It is pretty easy to determine whether a phone is unlocked. All that you java to do is take out the SIM card from your phone and insert a different SIM card. If the phone is not unlocked, you’ll receive a message saying that there is a lock on the device.
We hope we have educated you well on what unlocked android phones are and how to check whether a mobile phone is unlocked or not, and we also discussed some of the best deals that you can grab from the market now.